Audacious 是一个衍生自 BMP ( beep-media-player ) 的音乐播放器，感觉像经典的 Winamp。和 XMMS 相比，我认为 Audacious 更好一些，因为它支持更多好用的插件，且包含更好的设置管理器。
Audacious 的最新版 1.3.0 即将放出，该版本不仅会给用户带来新的特性，而且增加了好些新的插件。官方提供的完整列表如下：
- The wavpack plugin, which supports WavPack format files.
- The alarm plugin, which is a port of XMMS-Alarm.
- The metronom plugin, which provides a Metronome.
- The stdio plugin, which supports file:// streams.
- The tta plugin, which supports TrueAudio format files.
- The curl plugin, which provides an http and https transport.
- The mms plugin, which connects audacious to libmms for mms:// streams.
- The statusicon plugin, which minimizes audacious to the tray.
- The rovascope plugin, which is like the "intelligent visualizer" in Winamp.
Enhancements to plugins:
- The mpgdec plugin supports seeking in HTTP streams now.
- The console plugin now supports AY, KSS, HES and SAP files.
- The modplug plugin now builds libmodplug inline.
- The paranormal plugin now includes a SuperScope implementation, a scripted blitter, and an implementation of AVS' "Trans / Dynamic Movement".
- The scrobbler plugin now supports the Gerpok service, which is a last.fm alike, and has experimental support for Hatena.
- The vorbis plugin was heavily refactored.
New core features/plugin updates:
- The playlist code has been rewritten using conditional variables, which has resulted in speed improvements for the playlist code overall.
- The behaviour for detecting filemagic has been redone and is now more scalable.
- DoubleSize support has been improved significantly.
- Race conditions in produce_audio() have been corrected.
- The playlist editor is now properly drawn in shaded mode.
- Automatic character detection now supports encapsulated UTF-8 strings.
- GnomeVFS support has been removed, and a new plugin-based transport layer has been added.
- The controlsocket code is no longer stack-dependant.
- Behaviour regarding conversion of %20 in the playlist has been improved.
- Window decorations can now be enabled.
- The .po files have been simplified.
- Support for multiple playlists has been added.
- The Jump-to-File code has been rewritten and now supports searching with regular expressions. In addition, the search is done without GTK redrawing the list for every result, and as a result is realtime.
- The UI has been severely reworked, notable enhancements include UI Manager, Search and Select, and much more.
- A configuration backend for libmcs has been added.
- Audacious now supports the XDG BASEDIR standard.
- A lot of legacy XMMS and BMP code has been removed or replaced.
- Debugging tools have been added for debugging memory management.
- A safe signalling implementation has been completed.
- A voiceprint visualization mode has been added.
- Support for changing the tint of the graphics in skins has been added.
- Many deprecated GDK calls have been updated.
Enhancements to audtool:
- The playback-seek-relative action has been fixed.
As usual, memory leak and reliability improvements.
Download Audacious 1.3.0